“An Award-Winning Revolutionary Beneath the Skin, Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Treatment, used to remodel ageing and sagging skin. Suitable for men and woman”.
If you are looking to improve tissue laxity, hydrate and rejuvenate your skin’s quality, then Profhilo® is a great option to have an overall glow and healthy-looking skin. Perfect for clients that are apprehensive by having an aesthetic procedure done. Profhilo® is great because it just makes your skin look nice and healthy.
Unlike dermal fillers, skin bio-remodelling boosters like Profhilo®, do not alter face shape by volumizing or accentuating certain features. Made up of naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid, they simply soften lines and wrinkles by providing intense subcutaneous moisturization. Skin becomes dewy and firmer-looking, radiating more of a glow. The results are subtle, but undeniable. The injections are placed directly into the middle layer of the skin, the dermis, flooding dry, crepey skin with a hydrating dose of moisture retaining hyaluronic acid. A superficial bolus initially forms at the strategically placed injection sites. These lumps begin to spread slowly, disappearing after 12-24 hours.
Manufactured in Italy and formulated with one of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid on the market, Profhilo® is the next generation skin booster of choice, and comprises non-crosslinked molecules of two types of hyaluronic acid of different molecular weights. Its unique composition allows it to melt smoothly and uniformly under the skin.
An important added benefit is that over time, skin booster injections increase collagen production. So, they don’t just act as a humectant. They’re also a stimulant on to the skin, stimulating fibroblast cells to increase collagen and elastin.
The change is long lasting with Profhilo®. The general effect of the Profhilo®, the glow and the hydration will wear off in time. But eventually, if it’s something you repeat, you will build up collagen and elastin, so you don’t quite end up back where you started.
Primarily used on the face and neck, Profhilo® can also be used on multiple parts of the body including - back of the hands, chest, knees, upper arms, and abdomen.
Profhilo® is also an effective stand-alone procedure and can also be combined with other treatments such as, Micro-needling, Plasma, Skin Peels and Neurotoxins. In addition, including active Medik8 skincare we recommend, promotes optimal skin health.
How Does Profhilo Work?
- Ultra-pure hyaluronic acid is precisely injected into the area being treated. Unlike wrinkle reducing and dermal filler treatments, Profhilo® stimulates collagen and elastin, attracting water in the deeper layers of the skin.
- As a stabilised product, the activity on dermal cells will last longer than that of a non-stabilised gel. During this time the stimulation of four different types of collagens and elastin takes place by slow release of hyaluronic acid
- The stimulation results in significant tissue improvement. Therefore we cannot say that Profhilo® is a skin booster as it also has a significant tightening / lifting effect on the tissue
Is it painful?
Profhilo®, unlike other dermal filler treatments, does not contain lidocaine, therefore a stinging or burning sensation can be experienced. A topical anaesthetic such as LMX4® may be used to provide additional pain relief. This will be applied to the skin and left on the surface for 20-30 minutes to take effect.
Following the procedure there may be some tenderness, which is expected, but you should not experience a significant degree of pain. If you are experiencing considerable pain after the treatment, you must contact your practitioner as this could indicate that you are developing a complication.
Side-effects may be more likely due to the following factors:
Profhilo® has very few complications, however no treatment is without risk, and these should be discussed during your consultation.
Possible Adverse Effects Include
- Pain: You may experience some minor tenderness or discomfort post-treatment. If you do have more pain than expected, it is important to contact your treating practitioner immediately as this may indicate a rare complication, such as a vascular occlusion.
- Redness: This is normal and usually resolves quickly. If the treatment area becomes red a few days after treatment, particularly if heat is also present, this may indicate an infection and you need to contact your practitioner straight away.
- Swelling: Some swelling, or oedema is normal after treatment and may be worse the following morning after the procedure. However, persistent swelling should be reported to your practitioner as there may be treatment to help relieve this.
- Bruising: As the procedure involves injections in the skin, bruising is a common finding. This can be anything from a small mark on the skin to extensive bruising which extends beyond the area treated and can take up to two weeks to resolve.
- Infection: Your treatment will be conducted in an appropriate clinical environment; your practitioner will adhere to infection control protocols, and you will receive appropriate aftercare advice to lessen this risk. Infection often develops as a warm, red, swollen area over the area that has been injected a few days after your treatment. If this occurs, make sure you contact your practitioner for a review as soon as possible.
- Herpes (Cold sores): Treatment around the lip area can exacerbate an outbreak of herpes, which may be worse than a normal outbreak and may require treatment from your practitioner. We recommend that preventative medication may be required for certain treatments in people who are prone to cold sores. It is important that this is discussed as part of your medical history.
- Lumps: Following treatment, it is normal to have visible lumps at the injection sites. These dissipate over the next few hours but may be present for up to 48 hours and may be worse the morning after treatment. If you develop a lump several weeks or months after treatment, it is recommended to arrange a face-to-face review with your practitioner. Lumps may appear as soft swellings or as hard nodules. They sometimes occur following an acute illness, such as a dental or sinus infection, or with exposure to excessive sunlight.
What does the procedure involve?
Prior to your treatment you will receive a full consultation, complete a medical questionnaire. An examination of the area is performed to determine the most appropriate treatment plan with you. The areas to be injected will usually be marked on the skin, using a pen or pencil, after it has been cleansed and disinfected. When treating the face, many practitioners will mark out 5 Bio Aesthetic Points on each side. It is important to have realistic expectations about what Profhilo® can achieve and this will be discussed with your practitioner prior to your treatment.
If a topical anaesthetic cream is to be used, this will be applied and removed after 20 minutes to allow it to take effect. The area to be treated will be cleaned, makeup removed if worn, and then disinfected. You will experience several pin pricks or a scratching sensation and possibly a mild burning sensation as the product is injected.
Treatment with Profhilo® will take around 15 minutes and following the procedure, your practitioner will clean the skin. It is likely that you will also be shown in a mirror the bumps that will be visible for a day or two. Following treatment, you may notice an improvement within a few days although some clients may not see the benefit for up to 4 weeks after their second treatment. The skin should look more hydrated and have a healthy glow, fine lines and wrinkles should improve and the area should have a more youthful appearance. Even very aged skin should feel tighter, smoother and show an improvement in texture.
Contraindications For Profhilo®
You may not be suitable for treatment if any of the following apply:
- Profhilo cannot be given to pregnant or breast-feeding women and is not recommended if you are actively trying to get pregnant or undergoing IVF.
- If you suffer from keloid scarring or have active skin conditions, such as acne or psoriasis.
- If you have certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, blood clotting disorders, cancer, immunosuppression (either medical or drug-related).
- If you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area, including cold sores.
- If you are suffering from any other infection, including dental, throat, ear, chest, or sinus infections.
- If you are unwell, including coughs and colds.
- If you have had Roaccutane® or isotretinoin in the past 6 months.
- Certain allergies, including bee sting allergy.
- Recent facial surgery.
- Permanent implants, such as silicone implants in the face or pins and plates.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatories (such as aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen) for 3 days prior to treatment (unless this has been prescribed by your doctor) as this increases the risk of bruising.
- Alcohol, fish oils, St. John’s Wort, Gingko Biloba and Vitamin E should also be avoided for 3 days prior to treatment to lessen the risk of bruising.
- If you are prone to bruising, taking arnica orally for a few days prior to treatment may lessen the risk.
- Avoid sunbeds and tanning for 1 week before and after treatment.
- Ensure your practitioner is informed if there are any changes in your medical history or medication taken before receiving any treatment.
- Do not plan to have treatment within 2 weeks of an important social event or holiday as this may not allow enough time for side-effects, such as bruising to settle, or to have a review appointment.
After treatment, most people can resume their normal daily activities. Immediately after treatment, there may be some redness, tenderness and swelling at the injection sites and there will likely be visible lumps at the injection sites. Bruising may be obvious immediately after treatment and may be quite pronounced.
- Do not apply make-up for 12 hours after treatment to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid saunas, swimming pools and sunbeds until the initial swelling and redness has settled.
- Try to avoid touching or rubbing the treated area until the following day, as you may affect the results of treatment or cause infection, unless otherwise advised by your treating practitioner.
- Massage of the area is not required; the product will diffuse naturally on its own.
- Avoid extremes of hot or cold and vigorous exercise until the initial swelling has resolved.
- If swelling persists, you may be advised to apply a cool pad to help remedy this.
- Contact your practitioner if you experience any unwanted side-effects.
First Treatment Procedure
Second Treatment Procedure, Four Weeks After
Recommended follow up procedure performed within 6 months
- No treatment procedure performed on clients aged 20 years or younger
- You will need to attend a medical consultation, there is a £25 consultation fee payable. However, if you book in your procedure, the £25 will be redeemed off your first treatment. A vital part of your journey to check medical history /any contraindications and areas of concern before any filler appointments can be performed. We all have different needs and aspirations, so during your consultation, we will discuss what results can be achieved.
- A £40 deposit is required on the consultation day.
- 48 hours’ notice is required to move any scheduled appointment, otherwise we cannot transfer the deposit money to the new appointment date.
Call today to book an initial consultation on: 01980 842509 to discuss these procedures.
Industry Award Winning Product